My goal this summer/fall is to sew up what patterns I do have, and I've decided to start with:
Here is a close up of the inner bodice:
Over the years I have tried many was to cut out my pattern pieces. Currently I am using a combination of pins (on the curves) and food cans to hold my pattern pieces in place.
I also use the fabric piece to cut out the lining, making sure that they will be a equal match:
Bush's beans helping me hold it down :-)
I decided not to add the shoulder bow ties for now (maybe I will later). However what I did add was a back tie, which helps when my weight fluctuates from time to time:
In order to hem the dress, I decided to sew the skirt lining to the bottom of the skirt. Once attached, I turned the skirt lining inward and under stitched to finish the look:
A closer look at the finished hem after pressing
This technique gave the skirt a slightly fuller look, which is perfect for a dress of this style:
full front view
The dress was a simple sew, nothing out of the ordinary. I did do a FBA and lowered the bodice so that it would be in better proportion for my body type.
Depending on the fabric, say broadcloth or poplin, I can see it being a simple pull over your head and go sun dress:
close up and side views
And as always here are my takeouts:
Ahhh/sick of taking pics
Well that's it for now, hopefully my other retro/vintage dress well be a 'breeze' to sew as well. Until then one stitch at a time, one stitch at a time........